So...
It's been awhile. I know that I haven't posted in...forever. There is a reason, but it's not a very good one. Although, the only stories I've had to tell are about work, and quite frankly, I'm sick to death of work. BUT IT'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT I DO. So that's why I haven't posted in forever. For the record, here is a breakdown of my year...
January: Work, work, and more work. OH and KU basketball. It was a pretty good month on the basketball front. Work was crazy and I finally moved into my very own office (at work of course).
February: Again...work. This will be a theme. Just want you to know. Nothing exciting in February except that my Jayhawks continued to play very well and wrapped up the Conference Title for the FIFTH year in a row. It was awesome!
March: Work…and basketball. My Hawks ruined my favorite weekend: Conference Tournament Weekend. I took a rare day off to watch basketball...AND my Jayhawks promptly lost their first game. It completely ruined the day for me, so I went to work. It's probably a good thing I did. One of my kids was having a rough day and I was able to work with him/her and help them to calm down. After all was well again, he/she, who is also a KU fan said that they weren't glad the Jayhawks lost and made me have a bad day, but they were glad because I came to work and they needed me. Ah...that kid was successfully discharged home by the end of that month. March Madness began and it was a pretty good time.
April: Work...but no more basketball. And the team that won it all was the WRONG one.
May: Someday maybe I'll be able to say that I LOVE my job. Yeah...that's not going to happen anytime soon. More work...but I really started to take some of my life back. I finally made it back to small group (although I'm pretty sure this happened BEFORE May). It's been an amazing time with new friends. I love my small group and miss them when I can't make it.
So that brings us to June...we're only half-way in and on Monday I marked my ninth month at my current job. I celebrated by taking a mini-vacation and heading to the upper left coast. My gift to myself that day was an iced mocha from a nice little coffee shop in downtown Kirkland, WA and a relaxing hour spent on the lake shore. It was a great day. Speaking of my mini-vacation...there will be more pictures. I promise.
Oh, and Kara...thanks again for letting me crash at your place. It was very needed and much appreciated.
Better go for now. Will post pictures later.
i am not
It's been awhile. I know that I haven't posted in...forever. There is a reason, but it's not a very good one. Although, the only stories I've had to tell are about work, and quite frankly, I'm sick to death of work. BUT IT'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT I DO. So that's why I haven't posted in forever. For the record, here is a breakdown of my year...
January: Work, work, and more work. OH and KU basketball. It was a pretty good month on the basketball front. Work was crazy and I finally moved into my very own office (at work of course).
February: Again...work. This will be a theme. Just want you to know. Nothing exciting in February except that my Jayhawks continued to play very well and wrapped up the Conference Title for the FIFTH year in a row. It was awesome!
March: Work…and basketball. My Hawks ruined my favorite weekend: Conference Tournament Weekend. I took a rare day off to watch basketball...AND my Jayhawks promptly lost their first game. It completely ruined the day for me, so I went to work. It's probably a good thing I did. One of my kids was having a rough day and I was able to work with him/her and help them to calm down. After all was well again, he/she, who is also a KU fan said that they weren't glad the Jayhawks lost and made me have a bad day, but they were glad because I came to work and they needed me. Ah...that kid was successfully discharged home by the end of that month. March Madness began and it was a pretty good time.
April: Work...but no more basketball. And the team that won it all was the WRONG one.
May: Someday maybe I'll be able to say that I LOVE my job. Yeah...that's not going to happen anytime soon. More work...but I really started to take some of my life back. I finally made it back to small group (although I'm pretty sure this happened BEFORE May). It's been an amazing time with new friends. I love my small group and miss them when I can't make it.
So that brings us to June...we're only half-way in and on Monday I marked my ninth month at my current job. I celebrated by taking a mini-vacation and heading to the upper left coast. My gift to myself that day was an iced mocha from a nice little coffee shop in downtown Kirkland, WA and a relaxing hour spent on the lake shore. It was a great day. Speaking of my mini-vacation...there will be more pictures. I promise.
Oh, and Kara...thanks again for letting me crash at your place. It was very needed and much appreciated.
Better go for now. Will post pictures later.
i am not
No comments:
Post a Comment