
The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Yeah so, a lot of life has happened since I last posted. I moved, again. After seven years, I no longer live in Olathe. I moved to Overland Park in May. Not too far down the road, but I've had to find new places to shop. Seriously, it's not been a tough adjustment. I'm enjoying living with my friend Jess. She's got a great sense of humor and it's good to have someone to laugh with.
I'm taking my licensing test in two weeks. I'm not any where near ready for the thing, but I'm not too terribly worried. Hopefully after that I can find a job. I've actually spotted a couple in the Denver and Nashville areas that I'm probably going to apply for. We'll see what happens. I'd rather stay in KC, but hey...you never know.
A couple of weeks ago my church celebrated what God has done in and through us and then closed the doors. Our pastors had resigned early in the year and we were struggling to stay afloat. The board decided it was time to celebrate what God had done and then merge with another church. I sat down the other day to plan out where I'd like to visit for the next few weeks before I find a new church home. I'm excited to see what else is out there...and meet new people a long the way.
So...last weekend I went to Texas with my friend Donna. She and her husband are moving down there, and I went along to ride with Donna and help them move in. It was a crazy weekend. Between getting lost in Oklahoma and taking bad advice and ending up in Arkansas (never listen to preachers trying to give directions; consult a map) I have decided that maybe I really don't want to move after all. Seriously though, all things considered, it was a good trip. The pastor's daughter was an absolute doll...even if I was injured trying to make her laugh (tip: don't play fish face for a long period of time...you will end up with mouth sores). I even managed to get a little bit of studying done. Road trips are good...and really, I didn't mind ending up in Arkansas. It was beautiful, and satisfied my need for mountains...at least for a few days.

Speaking of mountains...the countdown is on. Only 36 days to go. I can't wait. SERIOUSLY! I've actually been dreaming about the mountains. I think it's a summer thing. About the time summer hits, I get homesick for the mountains. So...as it gets hotter here in KC, the more I'm ready to go. Well, my birthday is the day. Have I mentioned that I'm ready to go?
Well...I guess I'll wrap this up. My dad called, so I think I'll go talk to him for a while. It's been a pleasure. And I'll try not to wait so long between posts.
Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and an awesome weekend.
Much love
K-JO
1 comment:
Thanks for your kind comments about our wedding! It really was an honor to have you there to witness the exchanging of our vows! I would still love to see some pictures that you have from your trip to Seattle. Mostly I hope that as you look for them, you will be reminded how how much you want to come back :)
-kk
Post a Comment