I realize that it's been forever and a day since I have updated this blog. I'm fairly certain that there isn't really anyone who actually reads it anyway. If you do, thank you for waiting patiently for a new blog. A lot of life has happened since I last updated. So...here it is in less than three hours...
Mr. Mouse disappeared. I moved out of my apartment and in with my brother. While some would argue that I merely traded one rodent for another, I actually have enjoyed living with Kyle. It's nice having someone home whenever I so happen to return to the apartment. So...I'd take my brother over a rodent any day. Thank you, Kyle for letting me move in with you.
You may be wondering why I moved in with my brother. Well it's simple...my landlady informed me that she was moving, and therefore by default that meant that I was moving too. In a couple of months, after Kyle moves back to Elkhart, I will be moving in with my friend Jess. Her current roommate will be getting married in May. Congratulations Gina! You're going to make a great wife.
In February, I was able to head out west for a couple of days. I first flew to Phoenix to catch up with my friend Linz from my freshman year at MNU. I hadn't seen Linz since Kristin and Jeremiah got married four years ago. It was great seeing her. Sometimes you don't realize just how much you miss a person until you see them again. Linz is one of those friends that no matter how much time seems to pass we pick up right where we left off. My friend Kara is the same way. I actually headed west to attend her wedding in Seattle. I just took a little bit of a detour to go see Linz. Seattle was beautiful. Seriously...I loved it out there. Kara and Greg's wedding was gorgeous. So unique and absolutely, perfectly Kara. I'm not using my own computer at the moment, but next time I'll be sure to post some pictures from the wedding and Seattle. Plans are in the works for heading back out there as soon as possible. I'm thinking of maybe even going out there to get my doctorate. We'll see what God thinks of my plan...:) I'll keep everyone posted as to whether it's in His plan too.
About a month ago our Pastors, Mike and Kellie resigned from our church. Man, they are missed. I'm on the Church board, so we've been meeting with the District Superintendent to get the ball rolling on finding a new pastor. As much as I love and miss Mike and Kellie, I'm excited about the possibilities for the future. If we as a church are willing...I believe that God can do great things in and through us.
Last weekend, I was able to con a couple of friends from Church (Jenn, Donna, and Denise) into going St. Louis with me for a couple of days. I didn't have to twist their arms too hard. They actually agreed quite readily. Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and Louie Giglio were in town, and since I hadn't seen them in quite some time I had decided months ago that I would make the four hour trek across Misery to St. Louis to see them (can you say run-on sentence?). It was a great time away...and the worship concert was amazing too. The Spirit was definitely in the building. How Great is Our God!
There are so many other things that I could, and probably should update you all on. Like for instance my job status and test preparation. But...I've already written a book, and while I hope you've enjoyed it, I think I'll sign off for the time being. Seriously...I'll try not to wait so long between posts.
Much love,
kayla
No comments:
Post a Comment