Tuesday, January 29, 2008

For Kara...


This post is purely for Kara...and not just because she's the only one who reads this. Here's the story for anyone else who just may (read it that is). In February of 2007 I headed out to Seattle to attend the wedding of my dear friend Kara. I had never been to the Emerald City but always wanted to, so when Kara called with the news of her engagement, I immediately made plans to attend. The picture to the left was taken from the Space Needle. Very cool place...literally. It was nice down below, but the wind from the top made it pretty chilly. So worth it though. The city is beautiful!


Further proof that Seattle is a beautiful city......:) So after walking around downtown for the better part of the day and passing about a million Starbucks stores, Heidi and I decided to start taking pictures of every Starbucks we passed. I believe I have about 17 pictures taken in the last hour of our downtown excursion...and they're all different stores. Now that's my kind of city...



Now for the real reason for the trip (I don't want you to think that I only went for the coffee)...Greg and Kara's wedding. I believe I actually talked about it in a previous post, but let me reiterate how beautiful it was. Kara, honey, you planned one of the most elegant weddings I've ever been to. It was fun and gorgeous and perfectly you. I am honored that you invited me to attend.



So here's a picture of yours truly with the beautiful bride. I look a little pale, but Kansas and winter don't make for a lot of suntanning.


So Kara...basically I can't tell you how much I miss you. My roommate was laughing at me the other day because I slipped into what I refer to as the "Kara voice." You know which one I'm talking about. I've been thinking about you a lot and so the voice just naturally comes out. I would love to come out and see you and if I had the money I'd buy the plane ticket in a heartbeat. Someday soon...I hope.
So, I leave you with what I think is a pretty cool picture of the Space Needle at night...taken from a moving vehicle. Next time I'll post a video from Pike Place Market!



i am not

2 comments:

Kara H said...

SWEET! I love the pictures! Thanks for doing a whole post dedicated to me...wow do I feel special!
I miss you too! Greg just laughs at me when I do the "kara" talk. :)
Hope you are having a great day!
Catch ya soon!
Loves,
KK

Linda Johnson said...

I sure hope you don't decide to move to this part of the world. Too far away.