
"The more the big picture comes into view, the more we realize just how small a piece of the whole canvas we really see." Matt Redman Facedown
During my extra long blogging hiatus I went to the mountains with my family. The reason I tell you this and post these pictures is because yesterday was very springy (today was warm but extremely windy...good ole Kansas) and when it starts to get warm I start to think of mountains. So...I thought I'd share of few of the pictures I took while in the mountains, though not too many because a few are rather incriminating. Mom, I think you probably know which ones I'm talking about, and I'm afraid that you actually have a few of those. Oh well... The picture to your left was taken on the ski lift, or to be more accurate on one of the lift chairs. Looks like we were on the way down. Fun times.
We finally talked Dad into renting a jeep and so we had a great day of bouncing around in the mountains. Better in a jeep than on a 4-wheeler. I was an idiot and let Klay talk me into going 4-wheeling with him. Yeah...don't think I'll ever do that again. Actually the 4-wheeling wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had to keep up with our guide who flew down the mountain all the while puffing on a cigarette. Oh and there was the time that the machine tired to take off without me and nearly flipped over on top of me. Yeah...so much fun. I've actually tried to block those particular memories. Guess it hasn't worked out too well. I may need to go to therapy. My roommate would tell you that I need therapy for other reasons, but no one really listens to her. So anyway...the picture that is now above was taken at Cabresto lake which is tucked away in the mountains somewhere and it took up forever to get there, but it was a pretty ride.
And while we were on vacation I turned another year older...or according to my roommate, I turned old. My dad promptly told me that 25 is not old, and I have to say that I agree with him. I really don't feel old. In fact, not too long ago I had someone ask me if I was an adult. My reply was that unfortunately I was and that I had the bills to prove it. Responsibility is so overrated.
Well there you have it. Interesting day today...I got to the McKnight's to find two of them sick, one mostly recovered, and the other doing surprisingly well. I hope I don't end up with what they had. Needless to say I was home pretty early so I cleaned my room. Fun day! Until next time, which probably won't be tomorrow...
i am not


1 comment:
Hey Girl!
Thanks for giving me your blog address! FYI, you are going to be a link on our blog now. :) Awesome mountain pictures! (PS, you are lookin' smokin' at your your old age of 25! :)) Can I tell you how excited I am that you have a blog?!?! It is such a fun way to stay "caught up" on each others lives! Missing ya you little Jayhawk you! :)
Loves,
KK
Post a Comment