Monday, July 07, 2008

Of jobs and such...

It's time for an update...and of course, I have to add a few pictures because just plain ol' text is boring. So...in honor of Independence Day... This picture was taken after one of the Royals ball games last year, but it's the best fireworks picture I've ever taken...and plain and simple, one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. So...there you have it. I hope everyone had a Happy 4th! I know I did. I definitely enjoyed a much needed day without an interview (I'll explain more later) and simply enjoyed a day of rest and an evening with friends. Several of us went to Theater in the Park at Shawnee Mission Park. We got to see Beauty and the Beast and what turned out to a really great fireworks show. The show was great, even though the Beast was anything but beastly and I fell asleep half-way through the second act. I guess I'm getting old. It was after ten after all. :) Oh well...the fireworks made the night.
Random picture number two: This was taken a couple of weeks ago when my small group went to the Royals game. There were also fireworks that night in what was supposed to be the biggest fireworks display ever at the stadium. It was fun, but I was a little under impressed. Seriously, the 4th was much better. My friend Steph and roommate Jess are the two ladies on either side of me. Even though the Royals lost it was a great night.

Okay...as for the job search...it continues. I did have three interviews last week. The first was a thirty minute phone interview for a counseling position in Leavenworth. It would be quite a little drive, but the money is better than anything else I've seen, and I would be doing therapy. The other interviews were for a position as a probation officer. The first was on Wednesday and was THREE hours long. Yes...I said THREE. It was a panel interview with all the applicants present. It was a little different but I survived. I figure that after that, I can do just about anything. It must have gone alright because I got a call for a second interview the next day. That one only lasted one hour and was with the two supervisors for the positions. I haven't heard anything yet and am really not sure what to think. I can imagine not taking the position if it's offered, but then wouldn't really be disappointed if it's not. We'll see. It's in God's hands. As for the other position...I should hear later this week about the possibility of a second interview. I also just sent in an application to the community college just down the street. It's actually the position I am most interested in. So...I just keep praying and trusting in God.

Well...there's the latest happening of my oh-so-exciting life. No sarcasm there at all...except that it has been more eventful in the last couple of weeks. I will definitely keep you all updated. Until then....

Much love

KJo

1 comment:

Kara H said...

SO???? How is the job hunting going??