Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jobs and Mountains




I suppose it's time for an update. So much going on and yet nothing is going at all. The job search continues. My last day with the McKnights is August 13th. I'd really like to have a job lined up before then, but...who knows. I actually have an interview on Friday and am excited and hopeful about the possibility of that. I'd still have to get another part time job so I'm thinking I'll head down to the nearest Starbucks and bug the manager to hire me. I think I'd make a pretty decent Barista...I can control myself enough to not spend my entire paycheck on coffee drinks. I think.


In other news...I'm headed west on Friday to spend a few days in the mountains with Nana and Papa. They were planning on being out there next week and since it's my birthday I begged them to let me come crash their party. I didn't have to beg too much. Traditionally, my family would be leaving on Saturday for a week in Red River, but that's not happening for another month. So I'm really excited about going out to the mountains. I love 'em and can't wait to wake up to the cool, crisp, clean mountain air.


Well...I'm so sleepy. My friends and I went to see The Dark Knight last night. Great movie...but I was up way too late. It's catching up with me right now. So I think I'll sign off for now. I'll post more later on some of the lessons I've been learning through this job search. Or maybe I won't. I don't really have a good record of blog posting lately. So well see. Until then...


i am not


aka KJo

1 comment:

Kara H said...

Glad to hear an update! Enjoy the mountains! I know that is one of your favorite, relaxing times of the year for you!
Loves,
Kara