Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Last day...

So...today was my last day of work. Still no new job. Maybe that will change tomorrow. I'll eventually update and let everyone know. These last several months have definitely been a test of faith and patience and so many other things. I've had to reassess everything I believe about God and why. In many ways I feel as if my faith has been put to the fire. I've been disciplined...and I know I'll come out of this with a refined character...one that hopefully looks a little more like Jesus. More than ever before I'm learning to rest in the shadow of the Almighty...to live in the present and trust the future to the God I know to be true and good. I don't get it...any of it. But then...I don't have to.

So...after four years, today was my last "official" day with the McKnight boys. I'll still be around. That family has become like my own...I don't really expect that to change right now...except I won't see them every day. It was definitely an emotional day for me, so I took the boys to the zoo. I love the zoo and I love taking Duncan there (Sammy too). Since D was little he has loved animals. It's incredible that a three year old could actually tell you the difference between African and Asian elephants...and identify which is which. One of my favorite Duncan memories was when he tried to tell one of the zoo keepers what a certain animal was. I think that was about a year ago. It was such a fun moment. Below are a couple of my favorite pictures of the day. I have so many more, but I don't think I'll share just yet. Here's a look at one of the Ring-tailed Lemurs just hanging out. He looks a little bit sad...just watching life go by. Kind of how I felt today.

Duncan walking a head of me on the way to see the Leopard. He was so excited about his new clothes that his mama sent him from Michigan. A bit big on him, but oh so cute. This kid is one of a kind.
I love this picture. I was walking a head of the boys on the bridge and just turned the camera behind me and snapped. This is what I got. Such a special kid...the King of the Sillies (as Duncan and I like to call him).
So it was an emotional but good day. Praying that tomorrow is another good one...and not nearly as emotional. We'll see. I'll update more later. I've got mountain pictures to post too. Until then...
i am not


No comments: