Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Little Life Humor

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.
- Lily Tomlin


Well...interesting few days. Had quite the adventure yesterday. Well...not really an adventure. I did manage to make quite a few people laugh. Someone even told me that it brightened their day listening to my woes. It started out great though...the day that is. I woke up in a good mood mainly because I didn't have to get up at 5:00 a.m. I decided to watch a couple of episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond...funny show. I was planning on finishing Raymond, going to take a shower, and then heading to Borders to get some of my paper written. Well...it didn't exactly go as I had planned.

I was in the middle of Raymond when I heard a scratching sound. Not too long after that a critter ran across my floor. A critter of the four legg-ed, tailed variety. Yes that's right...I've got a mouse in my house. After it had run across the room it tried to run back across the other way. I yelled at it to go away and it turned around and went back behind the stove. So...I went back in the bedroom and put some shoes on...and picked up some of the clothes that were laying around. Good thing I did. When I went back in the living room Mickey had run behind the TV and decided to head back to the stove. I was standing in the middle of the room hollering at him to go away when he decides to run over the the fridge. I'm still standing there yelling at him to get lost when he runs back in my bedroom. By now I'm freaking out. The stupid critter ran into my bedroom. Not good.

So I finally gathered up enough courage to go back there and put some different clothes on. I also put my hair in a pony tail and put a smidge of make-up on. When I walked out of the bathroom, I once again saw Mickey...run under my bed. Seriously freaking out by now. So I went to Walmart and bought a decon mouse trap. I also called my Mom, Grandma, Brother, and Landlady. Everybody laughed at me. That's okay, 'cause I was laughing too. Except when I went back into my apartment to set the stupid trap. Definitely not laughing then. Thankfully I didn't see Mickey again; I talked to him the whole time I was setting the traps though. Basically I just told him that he needed to stay away until I left then he could go get caught in the trap. I then gathered up some clothes and went to stay the night at my brothers house. I didn't get any of my paper done. Not good.

It's pretty funny except when I walk back into my apartment. My brothers also laugh becuase all day yesterday and today I've been super jumpy. I'm talking seriously traumatized here. I bout jumped out of my skin when a fly flew by when Kyle and I went to check the trap this afternoon...no Mickey. I'm hoping he's gone...although we did see some "evidence" on the couch that he had been there. Disgusting. My apartment will never be the same.

Well...if you've stayed with me I hope you've had a good laugh. I'm really hoping and praying that Mickey is caught by tomorrow so I can sleep at home in peace. I'm sure I'll still be jumpy for a while, but at least I'll know that Mickey is gone. I've definitely taken measures to make sure Mickey doesn't have a Minnie or little Mickey's running around too. Hopefully it'll work...or I might have to move out.

Okay...getting the chills typing about it. Better go before I throw up. Mickey's been good for the diet this weekend. Not so good for the homework though. Oh well...

Much love,
i am not

No comments: