Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rock Chalk...March Madness!

So...anyone who knows me at all knows I love my Jayhawks. If there has been any good come from being a nanny for the last three years (which there has been a lot), it's the fact that occasionally I get tickets to KU games. Last Monday I got a call to go to the last home game of the year. How could I turn down that ticket! It was a special night. The five seniors were honored before, during, and after the game. What special group of guys! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the night. This one is the team huddle before the game.

Senior Darnell Jackson getting ready to shoot free-throws. Darnell is a special one. He's gone through so much during his time at KU and every game he gives his absolute all. We'll definitely miss this guy, but he's on to bigger and better things.

Russell Robinson is my favorite Jayhawk since Jerod Haase was here over ten years ago. That thought it kind of crazy, but still...I love watching this guy play. He's been voted Mr. Jayhawk by his teammates for the last two seasons for a reason. I will definitely miss watching RussRob play. In the pic, he is checking out for the last time at Allen Fieldhouse.


The game was an absolute route. Our guys were on fire...and so was the crowd. I've never been to a game where there was so much energy from the team and the crowd for the entire game. What a great time! Rock Chalk!

The seniors gave speeches after the game. It's always an emotional time. Darnell's speech was very emotional. Here is a shot of Coach Self hugging him after his speech. Again, he's such a special guy.
This is a pic of the five seniors taken before the game. I'm so proud to be a Jayhawk fan when these guys take the court. Thanks seniors!

So...March Madness is upon us. My favorite time of year (after Christmas of course)... hopefully this year my Jayhawks will give us something to really cheer for (especially on April 7th). Until then...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!


i am not

3 comments:

Kara H said...

LOVE IT! I am going to need you to help me pick my bracket this year...I did horrible last year, and I know that your vast knowledge of the game of b-ball could help me out! :) Miss ya!
-Kara

Kara H said...

GO KANSAS! I picked Kansas to be the champs of the tourney, so if you could just let your guys know that they need to pull through for me, that would be great! :)
Rock Chalk Jayhawk! :)

Kara H said...

So far so good with your Jayhawks! Way to go! :)