So...my next few posts will most likely be about the Final Four...and hopefully a KU Championship! Unfortunately, I still have no computer at home so I'm not exactly sure how this will all work out. I'm excited and nervous for the game Saturday. I think this week has just about been the longest week known to man. I'm ready to get this show on the road, while at the same time trying to enjoy every second of the wait. I'm so excited, but the buildup to the game is also stressing me out. That's not the only thing stressing me out, but it's a good excuse. :) I was reading the Lawrence Journal World today and there was an article about Jerod. My family will remember that Jerod Haase was my favorite Jayhawk when he played here. To be honest, he's still my all-time favorite Jayhawk. A couple of weeks ago when I posted about senior day, I noted that Russell is my favorite since Jerod. It just dawned on me this morning that my two favorite Jayhawks ever are both going to be in the Dome on Saturday evening. One will be playing while the other sits on the wrong bench. I suppose I won't hold it against him though. :) Seriously...there is a reason these two have been my favorites. Jerod played all out...heart and soul. You could always count on Jerod to give his all to help the team win. I loved that intensity...that determination. That's also why I love to watch Russell play. Coach has said it many times...RussRob is the heartbeat of this team. He does whatever needs to be done to help this team win. He's also tough as nails. So...RussRob has now superseded Jerod as my favorite...at least until after the game on Saturday. Hopefully it won't be the last time RussRob puts on a Kansas jersey.
Sappiness aside...it's exciting just being in the Final Four...and will be even more so when we win. At least that's what I'm hoping for. Carolina is a good team though, and even though it's no longer March, anything can happen.
So...there it is. My thoughts for today on one "match up" in the Final Four. Silly, I know...but I do love my Jayhawks. So...until next time...
Rock Chalk!
KJo
No comments:
Post a Comment