Sunday, May 11, 2008

Birthdays, Mother's Day, and David Cook

So...here is what I've been up to lately...hold on because it is so exciting!

Really, there's not a lot to tell, which is pretty much the story of my life right now. But... I've had a good time doing nothing. My roommate Jess celebrated her 26th birthday a couple of weeks ago so several of our friends took her up to the Legends for an evening out. We had a great time watching drunk people try to ride the mechanical bull. Dinner at Johnny Carrino's was great, as always. Here is a picture of Misty, Marcie, and I after dinner. Here's one with the birthday girl, herself. We have a good time. If there's one thing you can count on Jess for, it's a laugh.
Here is a picture of me with my Nana. My brother Kyle decided to surprise my mom for Mother's Day by going to Manhattan this weekend. Nana and Papa decided to go visit as well...and I couldn't be the only one who wasn't there...so I went over yesterday. Mom was surprised...which was the goal.
This one is fun... I've been watching American Idol over the past couple of seasons and this year a Kansas City guy is one of the top contestants. David Cook was in town on Friday and was honored at the Royals game. He threw out the first pitch and later sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." My little brother had called on Wednesday afternoon to see if I wanted to go to the game, so I didn't go because David Cook was there, but it was definitely a plus. He's been my favorite on AI this season.
And since it was Friday night, there were fireworks after the game. These were my favorite shots.



So...there it is folks. There has been virtually no movement on the job front. Oh well...something will come a long soon. Until then...I'll just enjoy the spring weather.
KJo

3 comments:

Kara H said...

Looks like fun! You know what else is fun??? SEATTLE!!! :) HA...just givin' ya a hard time! Thanks for the comment on our blog! :)
Miss ya!
Kara

Kara H said...

Thanks for the kind comment on our blog! I really loved doing the photography class, and hearing such kind, encouraging comments makes me even more excited to dig in deeper into the "learning photography" world! Does your cousin have a web site? I would love to check out their work! I have an addiction...looking at great photography! :)
Miss ya!

Kara H said...

I "tagged" you on our blog...time for you to answer the questions that I did! I am waiting! :)